We can provide film crews with access to multiple groups of habituated meerkats which can be filmed at a range of a few feet. Accommodation, food, transport and logistics/scientific support can also be arranged.
We have contributed to a number of programmes in the past and many of the best known meerkat documentaries have been filmed at this site.
Recent programmes that have filmed at our site on our habituated groups include:
- Meerkats – Secrets of an Animal Superstar: Sir David Attenborough for BBC, 2013
- Vom Kuscheln, Träumen und Schmusen – Erdmännchen: Bayrisches Fernsehen, 2012
- Planet Earth Live & A meerkat’s tale: BBC, 2012
- Meerkats 3D/Clan of the Meerkats (in 2D): Oxford Scientific Films, 2011
- Meerkat Manor: The story begins: Discovery, 2008
- Meerkat Manor: Oxford Scientific Films, 2005/2006/2007/2008.
- Ella, a meerkat’s tale: Oxford Scientific Films, 2005
- Meerkats: Nigel Marven, 2003.
- Life of Mammals: Sir David Attenborough for BBC, 2002.
- Meerkat Madness: Big Wave Productions for National Geographic, 2000.
For more information on the project site, climate etc., please refer to the Kuruman River Reserve site.
To inquire about possible filming opportunities or to make arrangements please contact us via the form below, we will get in contact with you soon.